Promotions: Hockey Against Cancer | Colorado Eagles
January 18, 2022
The Colorado Eagles and UCHealth are teaming up to bring you Eagles Fight Cancer Night on Saturday, January 22! This special evening aims to honor cancer warriors, past and present, in our community. We are all here to fight alongside these brave cancer warriors and be there for them every step of the way! Here’s what fans can expect this year for Eagles Fight Cancer.
- I play to honor: The Eagles and UCHealth will honor 18 Cancer Warriors in the “I Play For” campaign, with each player wearing a Cancer Warrior’s name on their helmet during the game.
- Lavender lights up: The Budweiser Events Center will be lit in all lavender lights for the game by Loveland-based Blazen Illuminations.
- Time of blackout – Fans will be encouraged to light up the rink during an in-game timeout, using the lavender “Light the Rink” cards from their cup holders with their phone’s flashlight.
- I fight for the cards: Fans can submit a name for an “I fight for” card by commenting on the Eagles’ Facebook or Twitter posts. The cards will be displayed around the arena during the game and broadcast on AHLTV. Additionally, fans can stop by the photo booth. on the Bud Light balcony and complete an “I fight for” card.
- Fans can also print a card here, take a photo and submit it using the hashtag #EaglesHFC. Post your photos to Twitter and Instagram using the hashtag #EaglesHFC and watch your photos on AHLTV and the video board in the arena via the TBK Bank Tagboard.
- Lavender swimwear: Each Eagles player will wear a special lavender Eagles Fight Cancer jersey for this game.
- Jersey Auctions: Bid on all Authentic Lavender Eagles Game Worn Jerseys via Handbid. The auction takes place from noon on Wednesday, January 19and until Saturday 22 Januaryn/a at 9 p.m., with all proceeds going to the UCHealth Northern Colorado Foundation Oncology Patient Relief Fund.
- Merchandise: a portion of proceeds from Eagles Fight Cancer merchandise will benefit the UCHealth Northern Colorado Foundation Oncology Patient Relief Fund, including
- Eagles Fight Cancer Replica Jerseys
- Eagles battle cancer pucks
- Eagles Fight Cancer T-Shirts
- Mystery Player Puck Program: A limited number of Eagles Fight Cancer pucks will be available for sale. Pucks will be randomly signed by players and fans will find out who signed their puck when they order at the merchandise stand or when it arrives at your doorstep. Proceeds will benefit the UCHealth Northern Colorado Foundation Oncology Patient Assistance Fund.
- The human bean: The Human Bean will come aboard in support of the Eagles Fight Cancer game on 1/22 with a Honey Lavender Latte fundraiser from 1/3 to 1/23. The Human Bean NoCo will donate 100% of proceeds to the UCHealth Northern Colorado Foundation Oncology Patient Assistance Fund during this window.