Man Utd have a lead for Dortmund’s Jude Bellingham
The summer transfer window is closed for the best European leagues! After a summer rich in international football, countless clubs have waited until the last minute to make their transfers. Check out all the major offers here and find out how we ranked the biggest signings. But just because the window is closed until January doesn’t mean the rumors won’t continue.
TOP STORY: Man Utd has a lead for Bellingham
Manchester United are in pole position to sign the youngster from Borussia Dortmund Jude bellingham, according to the Sun.
The report says the Red Devils’ attempts to impress the midfielder began ahead of his move from Birmingham City to the Bundesliga, which laid the groundwork for a future move to Old Trafford.
The teenager received plenty of special treatment in April 2020, as Sir Alex Ferguson took Bellingham and his family to visit United’s training ground, while Ole Gunnar Solskjaer also spent time with him in a bid to persuade him to join United.
While the lure of being able to play games immediately prompted Bellingham to move to Dortmund, it is suggested that the treatment he received left a lasting impression on the 18-year-old.
Bellingham certainly had that playing time, using it to impress in the Bundesliga and Champions League, to the point where he is now England international.
These performances also mean that Man United are not the only big club wanting to sign Bellingham, as Chelsea and Manchester City are watching him as well.
It has already been reported that any club wishing to bring him in would have to shell out at least â¬ 100million.
If United are willing to pay that, their past conduct regarding Bellingham could work in their favor.
– ESPN + Guide: LaLiga, Bundesliga, MLS, FA Cup, more (US)
– Dortmund vs. Union Berlin: live broadcast September 19 on ESPN + (US)
– You don’t have ESPN? Access immediately
– Internazionale are exploring possibility of a January transfer for Manchester United midfielder Donny van de Beek, as reported by Calciomercato. They hope to negotiate a loan agreement with repurchase rights. The Dutchman has struggled to get playing time since his move from Ajax Amsterdam to Old Trafford, and the Scudetto winners were even thinking of making inquiries last January. There won’t be any chance of making a deal if he starts entering the squad, but that currently seems unlikely.
– Crystal Palace interested in signing Orlando City SC forward Daryl digue but are put off by the asking price of Â£ 18million, according to the Sun. The United Stats player has impressed on loan at Barnsley this term, adding three goals and an assist in eight games since returning to Major League Soccer. However, Palace is looking for someone who can grow on the squad rather than start right away, and don’t think Orlando’s demands are right for someone of that status.
– After Juventus beat AC Milan on signing Kaio Jorge, Tuttosport says the two Italian giants could face another battle for leaders Fiorentina Dusan Vlahovic. The Viola are demanding at least â¬ 40million for the Serbian, which was too much for both sides during the summer, but they might both be able to pay that by next year. That price, however, could rise further if it impresses again this quarter.
– Southampton aim for Hull City Keane Lewis-Potter, with their top scout having checked him out last week and intending to watch him for the rest of the year, according to the Sun. The Saints are on the hunt for national bargains and it is suggested that the Tigers might need to unload him for funds in January or summer.
– Ferencvaros announced that they recruited an attacking midfielder and a 32-year-old winger Marko Marin. The former German international has represented Chelsea, Sevilla FC, Werder Bremen and Anderlecht during his career.