Loan review – Carter-Vickers lifts Scottish League Cup, Sarr on target for Metz

In France, Pape Matar Sarr scored his first goal of the season in a large victory for FC Metz last Sunday (December 12). Welcoming their struggling Ligue 1 compatriot FC Lorient, Metz won a complete 4-1 victory to get ahead of their opponents and put themselves in a point of safety. Pape opened the scoring for his side in the fifth minute as Dango Ouattara’s clearance attempt pushed the midfielder back and flew away. A self-defeating goal from Moritz Jenz and a sublime free kick from Farid Boulaya then brought the score to 3-0 with just 19 minutes to go. . Jenz pulled one off for the visitors, but Ibrahima Niane made sure of the three points, coming home 10 minutes from time. Pape has completed his squad’s full 90 minutes and has yet to miss a single game for them, appearing in their 18 games so far this campaign.

Elsewhere on the continent, there were scenes of jubilation for Alfie Whiteman in Sweden as Degerfors IF retained their Allsvenskan status with a final victory in Ostersund on December 4. Having started each of his side’s last 13 games ahead of meeting their already relegated opponents, a pre-game injury unfortunately left Alfie in good enough shape for a place on the bench for the inescapable clash. There were euphoric scenes at the final whistle at the Jamtkraft Arena, as an 87eThe winner of the minute gave Degerfors a 1-0 victory while Halmstad, who entered the game over Degerfors on goal difference, could only win a draw against Malmö, who saw them qualify for the relegation play-offs.

Meanwhile, in England, Jamie Bowden has started each of Oldham’s last four outings in League 2 and recorded two assists last time as the Owls came back incredibly 4-1 to draw 5-5 at home against league leaders Forest Green Rovers last Saturday. (December 11).

At the start of that series of games, Jamie came face to face with fellow Spurs player Kion Etete as Oldham traveled to Northampton Town on November 23. In a hotly contested encounter, it was Kion and the Cobblers who came out on top 2-1 with the striker scoring the game winner – his sixth of the season – in the 38e minute. Kion then started Town’s next game – a 1-0 win over Leyton Orient – but was forced to stop after 20 minutes due to injury and has not been able to play since.

Comments are closed.