Gunmen kill Israeli guard in central West Bank and flee the scene

A general view of the illegal Israeli settlement of Ariel in the north-central West Bank (Photo by AP)

Unknown gunmen shot and killed an Israeli guard at the entrance to the illegal Israeli settlement of Ariel in the north-central West Bank.

On Friday, two suspects drove to the entrance, shot the officer at the checkpoint, then fled, an Israeli military spokesman said.

Footage captured by security cameras in the area saw the attackers get out of their vehicle afterwards and riddle the guard post with bullets before driving off, The Times of Israel reported.

“When we arrived at the scene we saw an unconscious man in his twenties with gunshot wounds, he was not breathing and had no pulse,” a medic from the ward told the newspaper. Magen David Adom ambulance.

The Israeli army has launched a massive manhunt to find the attackers.

Occupation forces also reportedly closed the entrance to the town of Salfit, located north of the settlement, following the incident.

No person or group has claimed responsibility for the incident so far.

The Israeli regime began escalating its recurring deadly attacks on Palestinians as Ramadan approached and maintained violence throughout the month of holy fasting, stoking anti-Tel Aviv sentiments in the occupied territories.

In recent months, at least 25 Palestinians and 14 Israelis have been killed in shootings or clashes.

Also on Friday, thousands of people took to the streets in Muslim countries across the region and far beyond on International Quds Day, pledging to support the Palestinian cause of liberation from occupation and Israeli aggression and condemning the occupation regime for its barbaric violence. against the Palestinians.

Comments are closed.